Thursday, September 7, 2017

List of Best Weight Loss Foods - Part 6



Tarte Asian Yogurt

I'm sure you've seen smart dieters gobble down Greek yogurt at meal time. And there's nothing wrong the high-protein, creamy treat. But Asian yogurt is another great option if you're trying to get protein from dairy.


A single serving of Tarte Asian Yogurt is 6 ounces, slightly larger than the popular cups of Greek yogurt. Each cup provides 12 grams of protein and only 110 calories - less than Greek yogurt. The sugar count is usually lower too. Asian yogurt has 13 grams of sugar, lower than the sugar content of many other yogurts.

Comment:  I've never tried Tart Asian Yogurt and am not even sure I've seen it in the grocery store.  But I do eat yogurt, mainly as a dessert.  It seems that at night I always have a sweet tooth around 8:00 and don't want to eat anything too heavy - like cookies, chips, etc.  I keep cartons of yogurt in my refrigerator to satisfy that hunger.  No I don't buy the low cal, sugar sub type.  I buy the good tasting that has around 170 calories per container.  I figure my stomach can digest yogurt easier and quicker than solid foods so those few extra calories can't be too bad for me.  At least that's my justification for eating the tasty kind.

No comments: