Saturday, September 16, 2017

List of Best Weight Loss Foods - Part 13



Old Fashioned Oatmeal

Do you eat oatmeal for breakfast? If you do, that's great. But some oatmeal brands are better than others. If you buy those single serving packets that come in flavors like maple syrup or apple cinnamon, then you might want to think twice.  Those packets are often loaded with sugar.


Instead, look below those fancy packets in the grocery store and you'll usually find old fashioned rolled oats on the bottom shelves. Look for the cardboard canister - the same one your grandma used to buy. These oats are healthy, easy to store, cheap and each hearty serving provides 150 calories.

COMMENT:  I love oatmeal, especially the Old Fashion kind.  I use it to make my own granola by mixing it with raisins, cranberries and nuts.  I also like it for breakfast and have found another type that is, to me, just as good and that is steel cut oats.  They have a definite chew and so good.

No comments: