Wednesday, September 6, 2017

List of Best Weight Loss Foods - Part 5



Beef Jerky

If you're a regular dieter with a regular life, you've probably ended up in a convenience store once or twice wandering the aisles, desperately looking for something healthy to eat. This is a tricky predicament because there aren't always diet-friendly options in those stores - except for beef jerky.


This "junk food" is actually pretty good for your diet. It's not the very best weight loss food because many brands are very high in sodium. But the better brands are generally low in calories and high in protein. A natural style beef jerky, for example, has only 70 calories and 13 grams of protein per serving.

Comment:  I love beef jerky, turkey jerky, bear jurky, just about any kind of jerky.  I've always worried about the sodium being so high but I never eat that much.  I have a feeling for that is because you have to chew it like chewing gum before swallowing, which in turn seems to make the stomach think it's full.  But, now that I know this, I think I'll keep some on hand in my purse for hunger attacks.

No comments: