Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Scallops Over Rice

I LOVE scallops so when I found them at a fresh seafood market for $10.00 a pound I bought a pound.  Now, I wanted to do something a little different so while at the same market I bought some Tempura just in case I decided to fry them.  After getting home I put my thinking cap on and decided to "Think With My Taste Buds."  Here is what I used and did.

1 lb. scallops
1/2 cup Tempura
1/4 cup butter
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 bag Boil-in-the-Bag rice
salt to taste

Cook rice according to package.  Drain.  In a large frying pan melt butter on medium heat.  Add garlic and saute for about 2 minutes (don't brown). Batter the scallops in the Tempura.  Fry in the hot butter about 2 minutes on each side or until slightly browned.  Remove scallops.  Add rice to butter & garlic.  Mix well.  Toss scallops into rice.  Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Dear Martha, This sounds delicious and easy, a great winning combination. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Blessings, Catherine xo