Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Portabella Spaghetti

Whether you are a vegetarian or just want to try something different, this dish is perfect and of course, simple.  Here is what I did:

I preheated the oven to 350 degrees, covered a baking dish with foil sprayed with non-stick spray, placed 4 large portabella top side down on the foil.  Bake about 20 minutes.  You want them to still be slightly firm.  Cook enough spaghetti to serve 4 and heat up a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce.  Place a serving of spaghetti into an oven proof serving dish, top with sauce, place portabella top side down over the sauce.  Top the portabella with your favorite shredded cheese and oregano.  Place under a broiler until cheese melts.

Due to the meaty flavor of the portabella, you will never miss the meat.  But...if you must have meat, brown some up and add it to your sauce or use a sauce that has the meat included.  This dish is mmmm mmm good!

1 comment:

Redkathy said...

I would love this dish Martha but the guys, not so much. Maybe I'll have to have my nieces over for lunch and try this one!

BTW I added your blog to Bloglovin.com