Friday, April 15, 2016

Banana Nut Cake Bread



4-5 medium, ripe bananas
1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped nuts
1 Butter Pecan cake mix
Ingredients listed on cake box - excluding water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl peel and mash bananas.  Let sit for 20-30 minutes.  Add cake mix and ingredients requested on the box excluding the water.  The bananas will replace the moisture that the water would provide.  Pour into a tube style pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Comment:  I had 5 medium bananas that were too ripe to eat and I hate to throw them away when they get that way so I usually just make banana bread.  When I opened my pantry I spotted a Butter Pecan cake mix and decided to combine the 2 and see how it turned out.  I added the eggs, oil and bananas to the mix and noticed it had the thickness needed without the water so that was eliminated.  And of course I added the nuts - 3/4 cup for me because I like a love them in my banana bread.  The tube pan was used because I thought it might give me a cake/bread combination texture.  It did!  This is one of the easiest banana breads I've ever made.  And the taste of the Butter Pecan and bananas combined is perfect.  So moist!  Yep, the food lovers wanted more.

No comments: