Monday, February 6, 2012

Baked Chicken

One of the men I work with brought a piece of chicken he had cooked to the office and was heating it in the microwave.  The smell was so appealing that I just had to know what he seasoned it with.  Turns out it was quite simple.  He placed his chicken in a dish, mixed Italian dressing and enough Worcestershire sauce to turn the dressing brown.  He then poured this over the chicken and let it marinate.  When he was ready to cook he coated it with McCormick's Grill Mates' Montreal Steak and then grilled.

When I made mine I used 3 split chicken breasts, 1/2 bottle of Italian dressing and 3 Tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.  I let the chicken marinate all day and since it was raining I decided to cook them in the oven.  After adding my Montreal Steak seasoning I cooked my chicken meat side down in a 350 degree oven until it was done, about 30 minutes.  I then turned it over and cooked an additional 10 minutes to brown the meat side. 

Comments - This chicken came out so moist and so tasty!  If you don't want to use split breasts, use whatever cut of chicken you want just adjust the cooking time.  My co-worker also said he marinates his steaks the same as the chicken before grilling them.  I can't wait for grilling weather to give that a try.

No comments: