Sunday, November 6, 2011

Chicken Mozzarella


I'm running a little behind in my posts but good things are usually worth waiting for and this dish is one of the good ones.  Foodbuzz and Tastemakers along with Newman's Own sent me a couple of sauces to try with the hopes of my coming up with a recipe that is tasty, easy, family friendly and can be prepared within 30 minutes.  With my Chicken Mozzarella I nailed all of these plus.  Not only is this dish simple to make it's a dish that can be prepared as individual servings cooking all at one time or as needed making it the perfect dish for a busy schedule family.  So here is all you do to make this tasty little dish.

To make a serving for 4:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Cook 1/2 lb.  spaghetti according to package directions.
Divide spaghetti into 4 individual dishes that are oven safe.
Place 1 pre-cooked, breaded chicken breasts over top of spaghetti.
Divide 1 jar of Newman's Own pasta sauce over the chicken breasts making sure to cover the spaghetti.
Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese has melted and the dish is piping hot.

Comments:  I used the Tomato & Basil Bombolina Pasta Sauce. When I make up a new dish and serve it to some of my lucky food testers, I tell them very little about the dish.  All 3 of my food testers that tried this dish remarked about it's "clean" taste.  One thought it may have a touch of lemon added another wanted to know if I added a tiny bit of mint.  It was the Basil they were tasting and they all 3 loved it.  For my chicken I used a pre-cooked, all white meat product to cut down time.  When baking the assembled dish, watch your cheese.  You want the dish hot but you don't want to burn  your cheese.  If you find your cheese starting to brown, lay a sheet of non-stick foil over the top.  For the individual dishes, I shop at a discount pottery house that carries many styles and colors of individual baking dishes for about $1.00 each.  These are perfect to have around not only for this dish but also for serving baked potatoes, corn on the cob and even freezing individual dishes.  And as I said before, this dish is perfect for serving as needed.  You can bake all 4 dishes, wrap, refrigerate/freeze, and microwave as needed.  Perfect to serve that someone who didn't make it home in time for dinner with the rest of the family. 

No comments: