Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Oatmeal Flavors

I love flavored coffee but don't like to make it in my regular coffee pot.  It seemed to carry some of it's flavor over into my next pot of regular coffee.  I don't use the flavored creamers because I don't drink my coffee with sugar and they all seem to be sweetened with either sugar or a substitute.  So, for Christmas I became the proud owner of a Krueg single cup coffee maker.  Now I treat myself to a couple cups of flavored coffee every day. 

I also love oatmeal and eat it daily but don't have time to cook my favorite the "Old Fashion" kind so I depend on the instant that can be made in the microwave.  As with my coffee, I love the flavored oatmeal but they too have a good bit of sugar or sugar substitute. 

Today I made a wonderful discovery!  I had about 1/2 cup of my cup of Caramel flavored coffee left and was getting ready to make my cup of oatmeal when it hit me.  Why not flavor my oatmeal with flavored coffee.  I was Thinking With My Taste Buds.  I used flavored coffee instead of water and it is DELICIOUS!  Oatmeal comes in flavors like banana bread, spice and apple cinnamon.  I've just added flavors to my oatmeal such as Hazelnut, Caramel and Egg Nog.  Any flavor you like in your coffee will be good in your oatmeal.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Being a coffee addict myself I must try this. Very interesting, I think your on to something!


Nick

OliveBacon.com