Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Yogurt Chicken Salad



1 baked, boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 Tbsp. Fresh Food Concept Spinach Dip
5 almonds, sliced
Lettuce

Cut chicken into bite size pieces.  Mix in dip.  Sprinkle with almonds.

Comment:  Recently I saw a Dr. Oz show where his guest talked about losing weight by not counting calories but by counting sugar.  Sucker that I am I bought his book, have been reading it and it does make a lot of sense.  With his program you're supposed to eat as few carbs and sugar as possible, like below 100 a day.  Didn't know if I could do this or not.  His plan has you eating a good bit of chicken but as I've said before - plain chicken simply has no taste. There has to be a healthy way to give it some taste.  So... I took my mid to the grocery store and started reading labels.  I was really surprised to find that there are many foods that are healthy and contain very little sugar.  One that I found was Fresh Food Concepts' Spinach Dip made with Greek Yogurt.  It contains 1g of sugar for 2 Tbsp.  That is the perfect amount to make a delicious, moist chicken salad using just 1 chicken breast.  This is one you really need to try even if you aren't trying to eat healthy.

No comments: