Sunday, July 27, 2014

Chicken Quesadilla


cooked chicken, shredded
Hummus
cheese
flour tortillas

Quesadillas are some of the easiest dishes to make, especially if you have a panini press, Foreman grill or even a waffle iron.  After eating a delicious chicken quesadilla at one of our local hamburger places, I noticed they had used some sort of creamy sauce.  I never really found any chunks of chicken so I'm assuming that since it was called 'chicken' quesadillas there had to be some in there somewhere and all I could do is guess it was ground into the creamy sauce.  Well, the sauce was delicious and I had no idea what it was actually made from.  Well, I opened my refrigerator and spotted a container of Hummus.  I then remembered what the sauce looked like and it hit me... it looks like Hummus.  Probably isn't but looks like it.  No matter, decided to make my own Chicken Quesadillas.  I heated my Foreman (indoor type).  Sprayed the bottom of a flour tortilla with cooking spray.  Placed it on my hot Foreman.  Spread it with a nice coating of Hummus.  Topped that with shredded chicken, cheese and another tortilla.  Spray the top of the 2nd tortilla with cooking spray and close the lid.  This only takes about 3-4 minutes to heat everything and melt the cheese.  When done, cut into wedges.  Here's a tip that I've found.  Cut your Quesadillas with a Pizza Wheel.  Works great!

I love my Hummus and what I had on hand was with Pine Nuts.  I want to make this using some of the other flavors and also other meats.  This is one of the quickest, easiest, dishes you can make.  And the best part is that you can have several meats, cheeses, and humus on hand and please everyone's taste.

Now, did my Hummus taste like the sauce?  Close.  I have a feeling one of the spicy flavors will come closer but no matter, Hummus is great in a Quesadilla.  I did serve mine with sour cream but it really wasn't needed.  Good just as it is.





No comments: