Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cracker Pizzas


Saltines or butter round crackers
Cheese
Pepperoni
Olives

Preheat oven to Broil.  Place the crackers in rows on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or foil.  Sprinkle each cracker with cheese.  top with Pepperoni or olives.  Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.

Comment:  I found a recipe for pizza appetizers using crackers.  The recipe, along with several others (3 pages), was typed using an OLD typewriter.  I have no idea how old these sheets were but I don't believe the typewriter was electric.  The original called for soda crackers (saltines) that were to be drizzled with melted butter and then topped with cheese.  These were baked until the cheese melted.  I eliminated the butter and added the pepperoni and olives.  I also changed it form baking to broiling with hope that the crackers wouldn't become soggy.  I also made some of these using butter round crackers which actually came out the best.  These are simple to make and do make great appetizers - hot or cold.  Plus, the kids would love to make these for a pizza night.

No comments: