Thursday, June 2, 2011

Smores and More

This one came to me while walking through a variety store of all places.  The store has a food section and I spotted marshmallows and decided to come up with a new recipe using them.  So here is what I did.

I used (1) 1 lb. pkg of coconut cookies, these I placed in a plastic bag and pounded them until they were crumbs.  I melted 1 stick of butter and mixed it in with the cookie crumbs.  I pressed the crumbs into the bottom of (2) 9 x 13 baking dishes (I planned on taking them to a cookout so I needed a lot).  I had (2) 7oz. bags of chocolate covered peanuts and sprinkled them over my cookie crumbs.  Then I sprinkled everything with chocolate chips (picture on left).  And topped everything with mini-marshmallows.  The only thing left was to bake in a 350 degree oven until the marshmallows melted and browned.  The picture on the right is the finished product.  I think most of you know that I don't like chocolate but even I liked these.

Changes - change the cookie - chocolate cookies, sugar cookies, etc.  Change the chips to maybe caramel or butterscotch.  Just get creative.

1 comment: