Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hashbrown Chicken Casserole

This "recipe" was given to me by a man I work with.  He had no measurements, just ingredients which were:
Hashbrowns
onions
Colby cheese
cream of chicken soup
1/2 can water
cheddar cheese for top

So, after making a few additions and guessing at the measurements this is what I came up with:

In a large bowl mix together
3 cups hashbrowns
1/2 cup frozen seasoned onions & bell peppers
3 chicken breasts cooked & cut into bite size pieces
2 cups Colby cheese, shredded
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.  Bake 30-35 minutes.  Top with pats of butter and bake another 5 minutes.  This easily feeds 6.

I didn't add the cheddar cheese to the top because I felt it had enough inside but that is an option when you make this dish.  The taste of this reminds me of a loaded baked potato so you could leave out the chicken and use bacon.  Use your imagination for this dish.

No comments: