Sunday, May 29, 2011

Italian Sausage Patties over Spaghetti

This one is so simple you'll wonder why you didn't think of it yourself...maybe you did.  I used 1/2 lb of Italian Sausage and 1/2 lb. of lean ground beef.  Mix the two together and form into patties.  The number of patties will depend on the size you make them.  I made 5 out of mine and pressed them thin.  In a large fry pan fry on med. heat until done.  I covered mine to make sure they cooked through without browning.  Remove from pan.  Pour off drippings.  I even wiped my pan out to get out as much grease as possible.  Place patties back into your pan in a single layer.  Top with a heafty amount of cheese.  I used an Italian blend.  Spoon a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over your patties and cheese.  Cut heat down to medium and cover.  Cook until cheese melts.  Serve over spaghetti noodles.

These are SOOOO good.  Changes can include adding mushrooms, bell peppers, black olives, etc.

No comments: