Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cheese Cracker Chicken

If you've been following my chicken nugget recipes you will remember that I've made them using crushed potato chips with French fried onions and even some with pretzels.  Well, I'm still working on combinations and this time I used crushed cheddar crackers.  It didn't work, at least for me.  I coated the chicken with ranch dressing and dipped the pieces into the crackers and my glue which is shredded cheese.  The taste wasn't bad but the texture didn't suite my taste.  The crackers ended up being soggy, possibly due to the ranch dressing.  But this combination I'll not be recommending.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

These look yummy! I tried some fried chicken this week using a batter of flour, instant mashed potatoes, salt, cornstarch, cayenne pepper and beer and rolled the pieces in panko crumbs. Very crunchy! Family loved it.

May said...

Am your newest follower from the hop,looking forward in reading more of your post,pls visit me back and return the love.Thanks.

http://nzeremm.blogspot.com