Saturday, October 31, 2015

Sweet Wild Rice



This isn't a real recipe so I'm posting it here... but it is a really tasty dish that you might want to try.

I love Wild Rice Blends and my favorite carries the HT Traders brand.  It has American basmati white rice, wild rice, brown and red rice.  A few days ago I ended up cooking too much rice and didn't know what I would do the the leftover.  Then it hit me.  When I was a kid my mom would make a sweet rice that contained butter, sugar, and canned cream.  I've never tried this using wild rice before so I didn't know if it would work but decided to give it a try.  I opened the refrigerator to get the butter and spotted a partial can of cake icing.  It was the Cinnamon Bun flavor.  Why not?  Instead of sugar and cream I mixed just enough to slightly sweeten the rice.  OMGoodness!  This is so good.  The different textures of the rice gave it a uniqueness.  The slight sweetness and cinnamon was a perfect blend.  I took some to a neighbor and she begged me to cook too much rice and bring her some more.

Think of the possibilities - chocolate, strawberry, cream cheese, pecan & coconut, the list goes on and on.  And it doesn't take much to flavor and sweeten the rice.  Plus, everyone can have a different flavor if they want.  This is a must try.  Just add a little icing mix at a time to your hot/warm rice allowing it to melt.  Then just enjoy.

No comments: