1. Make Toothpaste - A paste made form baking soda and a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution can be used as an alternative to commercial non-fluoride toothpaste. You can also just dip your toothbrush with toothpaste into baking soda for an extra boost.
2. Freshen Your Mouth - Put 1 teaspoon in half a glass of water, swish, spit and rinse. Odors are neutralized, not just covered up.
3. Soak Oral Appliance - Soak oral appliances, like retainers, mouthpieces and dentures in a solution of 2 teaspoons baking soda dissolved in a glass or small bowl of warm water. The baking soda loosens food particles and neutralizes odors to keep appliances fresh. You can also brush appliances clean using baking soda.
4. Use as a Facial Scrub and Body Exfoliant - Give yourself an invigorating facial and body scrub. Make a past of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water. Rub in a gentle circular motion to exfoliate the skin. Rinse clean. This is gentle enough for daily use.
5. Skip Harsh Deordants - Pat baking soda onto your underarms to neutralize body odor.
6. Use as an Antacid - Baking soda is a safe and effective antacid to relieve heartburn, sour stomach and/or acid indigestion. Refer to the baking soda package for instructions.
7. Treat Insect Bites & Itchy Skin - For insect bites, make a paste out of baking soda and water, and apply as a salve onto affected skin. To ease the itch, shake some baking soda into your hand and rub it into damp skin after bath or shower.
8. Make a Hand Cleanser and Softener - Skip harsh soaps and gently scrub away ground-in dirt and neutralize odors on hand with a paste of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water, or 3 parts baking soda to gentle liquid hand soap. Then rinse clean.
9. Help your Hair - Vinegar is amazing for your hair, but baking soda has its place in the shower too. Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda into your palm along with your favorite shampoo. Shampoo as usual and rinse thoroughly - baking soda helps remove the residue that styling products leave behind so your hair is cleaner and more manageable.
10. Clean Brushes and Combs - For lustrous hair with more shine, keep brushes and combs clean. Remove natural oil build-up and hair product residue by soaking combs and brushes in a solution of 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a small basis of warm water. Rinse and allow to dry.
There are 51 uses listed on the 51 Fantastic Uses for Baking Soda. Read the other 51 by going to the site.