Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Learning from My Mistakes!

I've spent the last 2 days trying to thaw water lines.  Here is something that we should all know but I never really gave it a thought until today.  When I got up yesterday morning my kitchen water was frozen.  All other was fine but the pipes to the kitchen are on the outside wall and with the cold and heavy winds it froze.  I used the hair blower and a lamp all day.  I finally borrowed one of those metal lights that mechanics use and around 7:30 last night I had water.  Thank you God!  Well, since it was getting cold again last night I left the water running in the kitchen sink.  This morning when I woke up the hot water was frozen.  It never dawned on me that running just the cold water wouldn't protect the hot water.  Now I know through my mistake that you need to let warm water drip and not just cold.  Duh!  I'm finally thawed after spending all morning with the hair blower and metal lamp but you can bet that with the weather going down into the 20s tonight I will let the WARM water drip.

No comments: