Saturday, September 21, 2013

Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Cream


I may be behind the times but what can I say at 63 and all of my kids grown.  Someone may have already come up with this idea and I just haven't heard about it yet. 

I was looking for something to snack on last week and found that I was out of my favorite peanut butter crackers.  I rummaged around the pantry until I spotted a jar of peanut butter and a container of marshmallow cream.  I started thinking and decided why not.  I like peanut butter and I like marshmallow cream.  How about putting them together to spread on crackers.  I mixed a little and gave it a taste.  Boy was it good.  I tried some on some butter crackers and the slight taste of salt from the crackers and the crunch of the peanut butter and the sweet from the marshmallow cream made my little snack crackers perfect.  I haven't tried it between bread yet but I bet it would be good toasted and could even take the place of peanut butter and jelly.  And if you check the calorie count of the marshmallow cream and that of jelly you'll find the cream wins out at about half. 

Give this a try and give the kids a taste.  I think you will all love it as much as I do.

No comments: