Monday, September 30, 2013

Non-Stick Spray


 
 


I'm really funny when it comes to cooking chicken.  When a recipe calls for cooked chicken I usually boil it to get the stock.  Two things come from this, besides my chicken.  #1 I don't like all the 'stuff' that boils out of my chicken so I wash it and even strain the broth before it goes into the refrigerator or freezer.  #2 I hate the film that it 'cooks' into my pan.  I normally end up filling the pan with hot water and detergent, letting it soak a bit before I scrub.  I use stainless steel pans, not non-stick. 

Well today I was getting ready to boil some chicken for a new dish I was working on.  Just before I filled my pan with water I decided to give it a spray with the non-stick.  I use it for everything but wasn't sure it would work when boiling my chicken.  What did I have to lose? 

It worked!  When my chicken was done, removed and my broth poured out I put my pan under the hot water and the scum from cooking the chicken just wiped right off.  One of the dreads in boiling chicken was just rinsed away.

No comments: