Monday, October 15, 2012

Pineapple Salad


What do you do with left over crushed pineapple?  This is what I do.

When a recipe calls for a small can of crushed pineapple I always use a large, taking out what the recipe calls for, then using the remaining to make a Pineapple Salad.  I add whatever I happen to have on hand such as coconut, nuts, cherries, marshmallows, etc.  Then I add just enough mayo to make it creamy.  This makes not only a pretty dish but also the perfect dessert that isn't too sweet nor too heavy.  Just use your imagination and 'Think With Your Taste Buds.'

3 comments:

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

Wow! That's almost the exact salad my Mom used to make for us as kids! The only difference is she used whipped cream in place of your mayo. Brings back some great memories!
Thanks for sharing, Martha.

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

Wow! That's almost exactly the same salad my Mom used to make for us as kids! Brings back some great memoriess. Thanks for sharing, Martha.

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

Wow, that's almost the exact recipe my Mom used to make for us as kids. Brings back some great memories. Thanks for sharing, Martha.