Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Slow-Cooker Chuck Roast


I found a recipe on food.com for Slow-Cooker Beef Short Ribs.  It looked so good and I couldn't wait to give it a try.  I had everything needed except the ribs so to the grocery store I went.  Well.... when I saw the price of Beef Short Ribs I started having doubts that this would be the dish for me.  Then I spotted the chuck roasts.  I decided to Think With My Taste Buds and couldn't see how it wouldn't work.  I replaced the ribs with chunks of chuck roast and it worked perfectly.  I did increase a couple of the ingredients giving them what I felt was a better balanced and I even omitted one ingredient due to my increase. 

Watch for my version of food.com's Slow-Cooker Beef Short Ribs made with Chuck Steak in the upcoming cookbook Think With Your Taste Buds - Beef.  But remember to get your copy of Think With Your Taste Buds - Desserts while waiting on the Beef edition.  It comes in paperback as well as e-book so start your set today.

No comments: