Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pina Colada Pie


This recipe was given to me by a friend.  Here is the original recipe:

2 medium graham cracker pie crusts
1 container (12 oz.) cool whip
1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk

Drain the juice from the pineapple.  Combine the cool whip, pineapple and milk.  Stir together well, pour into pie crust.  Refrigerate over night.  Enjoy!

Comments:  I've made a pie similar to this using lemon juice but really like the idea of the pineapple.  I had to make this one but of course I started Thinking With My Taste Buds and made a couple of changes.  I added 1/2 cup of coconut and decided to sprinkle the top with chopped pecans.  I did taste the original recipe before adding the coconut and nuts.  It's simply wonderful!  So make it plain or add a few ingredients to create your own taste.  Just make sure the ingredients you add are dry with no liquid.  This is one dish that extra liquid will keep it from setting up correctly.  You can also dress this up by adding sprinkles. 

No comments: