Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sargento Cheese Tasting


Due to my participation with Foodbuzz Tastemaker's program and Sargento, I was chosen to compare Sargento's 100% natural cheese products to other brands on the market.  I gave it some thought and decided that several opinions was better than just 1 so I worked up a little cheese tasting party and invited some of my neighbor friends. 

In preparation for this little tasting I bought 4 different Sargento cheese flavors - Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone and Cheddar Blend.  I also bought the same flavors in another brand.  Tastemaker had sent me a "Taste Test" fact sheet so I worked up voting vouchers for each of my guests.  They were to judge the different cheeses by look, texture, smell and taste. The cheeses were placed in separate dishes with their name, such as Cheddar, and either an A or B on the dish.  This way my guests could judge each cheese but had no way of knowing which brand was which.  Their ballots were simply marked i.e. Cheddar Cheese A, Cheddar Cheese B with rankings.

Here are the final results:
Cheddar  - Sargento 7; Other Brand 4
Swiss - Sargento 8; Other Brand 3
Cheddar Blend - Sargento 8; Other Brand 3
Provolone - Sargento 6; Other Brand 5

I also served fruit, crackers, fresh made chicken salad and wine along with the cheese.  Apparently, my guests also thought the event was a success considering they all wanted to know when we could do it again.

No comments: