Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Countdown to Diet Disasters - #4



4. Not exercising enough. Even if you could achieve your diet goals by calorie counting alone, you would be more successful (and healthier) if you were physically active. “The number one barrier to exercise that I hear is time,” says Hubbert. National recommendations are at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity most days of the week. You can break this up into three 10-minute segments per day, says Hubbert.

Comment:  I used this excuse so often that it was pathetic.  When I've finished for the day I like to sit down and read.  I didn't want to do something that required my full attention for 30 minutes.  I will say that I'm limited in my activities due to having fusions in my back and problems in my neck, but I found something that allows me to exercise and read at the same time.  I have a stationary bike with a chair style seat!  It allows me to work my legs, heart, etc. without hurting my back.  And since I'm reading as I ride the 30 minutes have gone by so quickly.

No comments: