Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Countdown to Diet Disasters - #3



3. Emotional eating. Eating in response to sadness, boredom, or stress wrecks your calorie counting for at least one day. “We learn to associate food with feeling better,” says Hubbert, a self-confessed boredom eater. When you become aware of your urge to eat in response to emotions instead of hunger pains, find something else to do that will distract you for 10 or 15 minutes, such as taking a walk, says Hubbert.

Comment:  Guilty again!  Most of my emotional eating comes from stress.  I have situations in my life that truly stress me out and I find myself standing in front of the refrigerator all too often.  What I've found to work for me is to grab a bottle of cold water and down about 1/2 of it.  That actually cures my stress hunger better than anything else.

No comments: