Sunday, January 24, 2016

Citrus Fruit Salad



I love most fruit salads and normally make the one I grew up with which had oranges, nuts, marshmallows and cherries.  A few days ago I decided to make my usual and found that I had no oranges but I did have a can of  'Citrus Salad' mix.  This is a combination of a little orange but mostly grapefruit - red and white.  When I spotted this I decided to give it a try.  So here is what I used.

1 can of DelMonte Citrus Salad (15 oz.), drained
Shaved, unsweetened coconut
Pecans (or nuts of your choice)
1 bag mini marshmallows
1 can Pineapple chunks (15 oz.), drained

Mix it all together and let sit in the refrigerator covered for about 1 hr.  Stir and serve.  The grapefruit in this mixture gives the whole dish a deliciously, 'clean' taste that I simply love.  I've made this 3 times now and can't get enough of it.  I eat it at night as my dessert and whenever I find myself wanting something sweet.  You got to try this one!

No comments: