Saturday, April 1, 2017

7 Ways to Outsmart the Super Markets (Part 7 - End)



Outsmart Checkout Impulses


And the last, but certainly not least dangerous contact point between you and your supermarket's products is the checkout lane. Fully stocked with sugary, salty and saturated fatty snacks, these grab-n-go items can pack a punch when it comes to piling on empty calories. Along with the plethora of candy situated in the checkout aisle are cold sodas, foamy fountain drinks, salty trail mixes and magazines touting the latest weight-loss craze. You can easily add hundreds of calories and a few extra bucks to your bill in the minutes you spend checking out. 


Battle plan: Flip through a magazine you know you won't buy, chat with the person standing behind you in line, organize your groceries perfectly on the conveyor belt—anything to keep your hand from wandering to those impulse purchases. If you haven’t eaten in hours and you don’t think you can make it home, plan ahead and purchase an extra piece of fruit to eat on your ride home.



(This is a hard one to pass by!  I'm standing there waiting in line.  There are all the goodies that I know taste so good.  I tell myself, "OK. Lets just buy one this time.  I can eat it in the car and no one will know that I cheated on my diet.  That is no one but me!  and my scales!)

No comments: