Saturday, April 4, 2015

'Unsticky' Lasagna Noodles



It really irritates me when I'm making lasagna and the noodles stick together and tear when I try to pull them apart.  I finally found a simple way to prevent this from happening.

Boil your noodles until they are almost done, I think they call it al dente.  Drain off the water and rinse with cold water.  Fill a baking dish, like the one in the picture, half full with cold water.  Add the noodles one at a time and set aside until you're ready to use.  Make sure the water covers the final layer of noodles.

This works great.  I was able to pick up each noodle from the pan and place them in the baking dish without tearing even one!  That is a 1st for me.  You may have your own way of accomplishing this little task but this one works for me.

No comments: