Sunday, December 14, 2014

Monkey Muffins



I found this recipe on line and had to try.  It simply doesn't get any easier than this, especially for something that looks like you've spent all morning making.



1 roll cinnamon rolls with icing
(yep, that's all you need)



Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  I lined my muffin pan with paper liners.  Evenly cut each cinnamon roll into 6 pieces.  Evenly distribute pieces into 12 muffin tins (you can use 8 for bigger muffins).  I keep a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and finely chopped pecans in my freezer.  I sprinkled each muffin with this mixture - about 1/2 tsp. each but this is optional.  Cook muffins for about 10 minutes or until they are done and starting to just slightly brown.  Heat the icing in the microwave for about 1-15 seconds or until thin.  Drizzle over hot muffins.



As I said, you can't get any simpler.  You can even add a few raisins mixed in with the pieces of rolls if you like.  These are delicious and do look like you've been in the kitchen for a while.

No comments: