Monday, April 21, 2014

Colorful Potato Salad


I love potato salad - my own, not the restaurant or store bought type.  When I make my potato salad I cut the potatoes up into pieces that are from 1/4" x 3/4" to 1" x 3/4" in size.  When I cook my potatoes I always check the largest pieces for doneness.  Why do I do this?  I like a combination of potato salad and mashed potatoes and the smaller pieces will cream up giving me the perfect consistency.  I also mix all of my ingredients while the potatoes are still warm to assure that creamy texture with my potato chunks.

Now and then I like to experiment with my potato salad by adding other ingredients.  I've added chicken, which is delicious.  I plan to try tuna, which I think will also be delicious.  I've added olives now and then (black and green).  I've added radish and carrot chunks for added texture.  Today I added shredded carrots and then decided to cut off the very tops of some of my fresh broccoli.  This did 3 things to my potato salad.  #1 it added another texture.  #2 it added flavor.  #3 it added color.  And it too is delicious!  Try it some time and see what you think.  I believe you'll enjoy it too.

As I always say Think With Your Taste Buds!

No comments: