Tuesday, March 20, 2018

5 Things Dietitians Wish You Knew About Losing Weight - Part 5 (end)




Some Gimmicks Just Might Work

If you’ve ever sworn off carbohydrates completely, only eaten fruit on an empty stomach, or mainlined grapefruit all day in the name of weight loss, you've been on a fad diet. Many diet plans are based on gimmicks, or little tricks that are supposed to help you be successful, but often don’t work. But the truth is that some of these gimmicks can work for some people. So if eating vegan for most of the day or not eating after 8 o'clock has worked for you in the past, then go with it! You don’t have to follow every aspect of a diet plan in order to be successful. A word of caution though: Some gimmicks go too far. If a diet plan permanently eliminates a whole food group or has you living on a diet of celery sticks and grapefruit, then look for a plan that is more well-rounded.

Comment:  I agree 100%.  When I was doing the low carb diet I eliminated almost ALL fruit.  I love fruit and now that I’m doing Weight Watchers I can have my fruit and usually eat it as a dessert or snack. 

No comments: