Sunday, March 18, 2018

5 Things Dietitians Wish You Knew About Losing Weight - Part 3




What You're Drinking Can Pack on the Pounds

Don’t forget that drinks can have a big impact on your weight-loss success. Whenever possible, opt for low-calorie or calorie-free beverages such as fat-free milk, water, or seltzer. If alcohol is a part of your social life, it can be difficult to abstain completely so make better choices and limit yourself to one light alcoholic beverage like a wine spritzer and drink water the rest of the time. When you drink water can also make a difference. A recent study showed that drinking sixteen ounces of water thirty minutes before a meal may aid weight loss.

Comment:  When I first gave up my sweet tea I found water to taste really ‘nasty.’  Now that I drink only water I find tea ‘nasty’ tasting.  And believe me, if you drink 16 oz. of water before a meal you will find yourself eating way less than you normally do.

No comments: