Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Countdown to Diet Disasters - #8



8. Eating too fast. If you eat quickly, your brain won’t get the message that you are full in time, says Kathy Hubbert, MS, RD, of EatRight Weight Management Services at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. “Put the fork down between each bite,” she advises.

Comment:  I've started doing this and it does work.  There are times that I forget to put the fork or sandwich or whatever I'm eating at the time, between bites and have actually ended up still hungry.  That actually happened to me the last time I ate at Arby's.  The Swiss Dip sandwich was something I had not eaten in several years so I wolfed it down.  I still felt hungry when I finished.  This wouldn't have happened if I had put half it in the box, closed the lid and eaten each bite at a time while putting the sandwich down inbetween bites.  Try this!  You'll see what I mean.

No comments: