Monday, April 9, 2018

Countdown to Diet Disasters - #5



5. Putting too much “weight” on the scale. Hanging all your feelings of success on the numbers on the scale can be a diet disaster. You should only weigh yourself once a week, says Gail Curtis, assistant professor at the Wake Forest University Health Sciences department of physician assistant studies in Winston-Salem, N.C. Curtis recommends tracking other short-term health goals, such as eating more veggies, walking daily, or drinking water instead of soda, that will give you a sense of accomplishment.

Comment:  This is absolutely true!  I used to weigh every morning.  I would make sure I did this as soon as I got out of the shower so I won't even have the weight of my clothes.  Stupid thing to do.  I now weigh once a week, fully clothed.  I also move my scales around.  I've found that they sometimes get 'stuck' on certain readings and keep showing the same each time.

No comments: