Sunday, February 12, 2017

7 Reasons You May Not be Losing Weight While Dieting (Part 1)



As always, I'm still on a diet.  I've tried everything and seem to get so far and the loss just stops.  This information came from NutriSystems and find myself doing several of these 7 things that may be preventing me from losing weight.  Wanted to share with other dieters out there.

(This is one I'm guilty of doing)

1. Skipping meals.

Passing on breakfast or lunch to reduce the amount of calories you eat each day can seem like a shortcut to losing weight, and this strategy may lead you to drop a few pounds in the short term. But a study published in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry reports that skipping meals actually increases belly fat, so no matter what the scale says you end up looking like you’ve gained rather than lost weight.


Do: Eat small meals and snacks throughout the day to keep your metabolism working steadily–that’s the safe way to reduce calories.

No comments: