Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cheddar Cheese Dog Biscuits

1 1/2 cups (240 grams) brown rice flour
1 1/2 cups (135 grams) oat flour
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cups shredded parmesan, or similar, cheese
1 egg
1 cup (250 ml) water or chicken broth

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 C).  Combine all of the dry ingredients.  Stir in the wet ingredients until throughly combined.  Roll out small batches of the dough to about 3/8 of an inch thick.  Use cookie cutters to cut shapes.  Place cookies about a 1/2 inch apart (they will not spread very much) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or Silpat mats.  Bake for 25 to 27 minutes, until firm and the edges are golden brown.

I ran across this recipe on Pinterest and since I like to make my 4 legged baby first rate, quality treats, this was a must.  They come from a site called Bakingdom which is quite an enjoyable site to keep up with.  I do have to admit that I did do a taste test before giving one to my baby Jesse.  They are delicious!  Jesse loves them too!

Comments:  When I made my treats I didn't roll them out.  I pinched off and rolled into balls about the size of a small walnut.  These I pressed out thin onto my parchment paper. 

No comments: