Monday, October 17, 2011

Winter Tip


Sent to me by a friend and believe me I plan on giving this a try this year.  I know we don’t get much snow/ice here in NC but when we do it’s a pain in the rump to remove from my car windows.  And when it’s ice, I end up letting the car run with the heater on full force in hopes that it will clear the windows faster.  With the price of gas, this could turn out to be a real money saver.  I also intend to try this hoping it will also keep the frost off my car windows.

I had several old, faded, plastic tablecloths that I had not thrown out (because I figured there must be a use for them). You just put it across your windshield, covering wiper blades so they don't freeze. Open one front door and put it inside the car; and then stretch it and do the same on the other side.  This has saved soooo much time trying to get the snow and ice off the windshields you wouldn't believe and the best part is it is FREE. I just shake off snow, fold the tablecloth and leave it in the car - replacing it on the windshield when I get home.”

If any of you have tried this in the past, please leave a comment to let us know how it worked for you.  Thanks - Martha
 

No comments: